First thing I'll cover is the guidelines for the guild as a whole. If there is a specific thing in a specific game that we are against, it will be listed in its own section.
Basically, we are evil. We are pks. We are not here to make the other guy have a good time in game, however on the same token our primary goal is to kill people and take their loot - not to ruin their gaming. Now, if someone is overly sensitive and thinks that dying/losing items IS having their game ruined - tough shit.
- Raiding - Not to narrow us down to one word, but that's pretty much what we're all about. If you joined up, you're saying "I'll keep leveling up to make myself more effective, but mainly I'm here to fight", then you've got the right mindset.
- No Scamming - If the only way you can get an in game item is to scam it - then you don't deserve it. We will not have people going around saying "x in your guild is a scammer".
- Recruiting - See this link.
- Use IRC - We REQUIRE everyone to use IRC. If you don't use IRC, you're not part of the guild. Lots of us use IRC from work, to be sociable and to get to know each other better. I know it's a pain to alt-tab to get out of game to talk, so I'm not saying you have to be in there paying attention all the time, but I do want everyone who's online to be in IRC. All major guild events, votes, raids, quests, etc are announced in the IRC room..
- Trashtalk - Trashtalk is certainly encouraged to a point. However, you should give Ron's old Dec 15th update The Writ of Shit (about halfway down the page) a read because there are certainly occassions when shittalking is not appropriate and it just makes you look like a whiner. We deal with antis who talk shit when they kill us 5+ on 1 all the time... don't be like them. You all know how we laugh at people who spam us and scream "FAG YOU HAVE NO LIFE" and such... I'm sure none of us want to be known like that.
- Loot - Share loot with people you raid with. Don't do it during the raid, but be sure thereafter that there is a post-raid time to split the goods.
- Questions - Make sure that all of your "where should I hunt", "what do I do with a white gem" and other such questions should go in the IRC room and THEN to me. I am not trying to distance myself from people, I just don't want /tells or PMs about every aspect of the game being directed to me first. If you have a question that can wait until I'm available, please feel free to send me whatever questions you have in PM in IRC.
- Guilds - We don't recruit a character into JoV - we recruit the player. That means that the player should either be in JoV entirely or not. No characters in other guilds in any game that we have a presence. If you want to play a different game or server than we do, that's fine, but if you play with us, you play WITH us.
- No Logging from Fights - There is no item or vitae worth my pride. If I can't recall out of a bad situation for whatever reason, then I take my medicine and try to learn from it. At NO time is portal logging, jump logging, open air logging or ANY logging from being attacked/fighting acceptable as it is possibly the gimpiest thing you can do in AC to avoid death. If there is any question about how to catch someone logging, check out that link. I encourage anyone from any guild to report JoVs for logging using those methods.
- @die - This it just as bad as portal logging to me if not worse. Don't @die to avoid dying in a fight. If you wanna @die alone to lose debuffs, that's fine. You can see how to prove this with the above link about proving logging.
- Twinking - If you want to twink, but all means have fun. However, unless you're willing to compensate the person for it, don't ask guildmates to twink you. We're all about helping each other out, so if you're deep in vitae or something that's understandable. But if you're leveling up a newbie or if you're trying to level somewhere too hard for you - it's just inappropriate to ask.
- Monarchy Communication - Do not use /p or /m tells to get ahold of me. It basically is saying "I'm too lazy to type your name out, but you have to type mine to respond... hahaha". Its rude... please don't use them unless I have /tells filtered.